Monday, June 29, 2009

for TEACH Magazine!

I have been really enjoying my Spring and Summer issues of TEACH magazine the past couple of days.

I typically do not spend a whole lot of time reading magazines, I'm more of a book worm *smile*...but there are a handful of magazines that I truly enjoy, and TEACH magazine is one of them.

The theme of the Spring Issue is Marriages Made Marvelous.



There were so many wonderful articles! One of my favorites was 'How to Ruin a Perfectly Good Husband'. Have I been guilty of being the woman that tears down her house with her own hands?...you betcha!! However, this article really gave some great positives on what I can do (and not do!) to build up, not tear down.

The Summer Issue's theme is all about purity! This one has already lost it's cover - and we've not had for more than a week!

There were so many articles that I truly enjoyed - and I'm not even at the half-way mark through the magazine! The wonderful thing about each issue, that I have found, is that there is a little something for everyone.

The articles tend to be on the shorter side (which I love!!!), and there is enough variety - that while there is a 'theme', you never feel that there is a redundancy.

In this season's issue, I was encouraged my Mrs. Lorrie Flem's 'How to Attain and Maintain a Pure Heart'. This article encouraged me to spend more time in the Word...which has led me to put on my reading list, 'When I Don't Desire God: How to Fight for Joy', by John Piper. I also found myself saying 'ouch' and 'amen' after reading Mrs. Brianna Van Der Veen's article, 'Am I Pure or Polluted?'. This was an excellent article that brings home just one piece of 2 Corinithians 13:5. In it she says, 'Let us be radically and boldly pure in heart so that our children may be radically blessed!' What an encouragement!!

In 'Picket Fence Ponderings' by Amy M. O'Quinn she gives some wonderful ideas on how to put Philippians 4:8 into daily practice. This one caught my eye because that is the Scripture we have on our wall above our television!

Another wonderful article that I have just begun reading is 'The Perfect Curriculum' by Amy Olthouse. I have enjoyed my time with Amy thus far, and am looking forward to spending a bit more time with her as she encourages me to remember that the perfect curriculum is owned by almost every household in America! Can you guess what it is? If not, get this season's issue of TEACH magazine and find out!!! If you can, then still get the issue to see what she has to say!

Remember, also, that while TEACH magazine has a focus on homeschooling, you absolutely do not have to be a homeschooling Mom to enjoy and glean from this treasure chest! It is a magazine that is written for Moms to encourage and challenge.

They are in the business of encouraging you with wisely spoken words, convicting your heart as He refines you into His image, challenging you to continue to strive for improvement, touching your spirit with heart-warming stories, and entertaining you through life-learning lessons.

Head on over and get subscription information here.

0 comments: