Monday, June 22, 2009

for telling it like it is!!!

I received the following in my email this morning from Mentoring Moments. I would highly suggest you sign up for their Daily Devotions!!

This mornings devotion was called Be Holy Because I am Holy by Emily Beth Leathers. Ms. Leathers let the rubber meet the road on this in a BIG way!!!

Let me know your thoughts!!

"Therefore, prepare your minds for action; be self-controlled; set your hope fully on the grace to be given you when Jesus Christ is revealed. As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance. But just as He who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do: for it is written: 'Be holy, because I am holy.'" -1 Peter 1:13-16

"Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God--this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--His good, pleasing, and perfect will." -Romans 12:1-2

different : –adjective


1. not alike in character or quality; differing; dissimilar
2. not identical; separate or distinct
3. various; several
[4. not ordinary; unusual]

holy : –adjective


3. saintly; godly; pious; devout
4. having a spiritually pure quality

I am so fed up with all the talk and no walk. You who constantly degrade my name and seek out your own fulfillment in lovers that will never satisfy your deepest hearts longing. You left me for them. You left my embrace, for another. You handed back to me the grace and love I so freely poured upon you and fell in love instead with those that only seek your death and destruction.




You say you follow me, yet you serve other gods. You say you love me, but you spend all your time with your other lovers: Facebook. Clothes. Boys. School. Church. Girls. Video Games. Makeup. Movies. Music. Language. Computer. Television. Texting.




I am disgusted by your religious words and actions. I've had enough!




If you are going to follow me, then die to these things and pick up your cross and daily--every minute--every second--follow me! Return to me you adulterous people!




Don't you see? I AM all that will ever satisfy.




I am all that will ever last. I want to be your lover. I want all your time to be consumed with thinking about me, talking to me, talking about me, loving me.




I want all your time. Not 15 minutes. Not an hour. Not when it's convenient for you. But all of it! I demand so much from you because I AM a jealous God...I set the standard high for you because I love you. Do not settle for less than My absolute best for you! I want to hold your heart! I want you to cling to Me and embrace no other! I want all of you.




If only you would see... how much I love you.

-Jesus

"I will heal their waywardness and love them freely, for my anger has turned away from them..." [Hosea 14:4]

0 comments: