Sunday, June 21, 2009

for Modest Fashion


Are you ready?? June 21 - 27, 2009 will be Fashion Week hosted by AmandaBeth Online.

It is a week for young (and old??) ladies to "get a nice fashion "pick me up" and put a bit more thought into what we wear every day." AmandaBeths says, "I know I can sometimes get stuck in a jeans & Tee rut - how about you? Outfits should be feminine and classy, but also up to date (I love trendy ensembles!). And, of course, we want the clothing to be modest. I know that everyone has different standards of modesty and so I am hesitant to lay down any rules... but for myself, skirts/pants are kept below the knee; tops have 1" or wider straps and are not low in the back or front. If I feel that any outfits or pictures are immodest or suggestive, I will not link them during fashion week."

As for our household - modesty begins on the inside. As stated in 1 Peter - Do not let your adornment be merely outward--arranging the hair, wearing gold, or putting on fine apparel-- rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God.

Our teaching is focused on bringing God glory in all things including clothing choices - and to remember the admonition in Romans - For I say, through the grace given to me, to everyone who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly, as God has dealt to each one a measure of faith, and also in 1 Corinthians 10:24 - Let no one seek his own good, but the good of his neighbor. In our teaching - we also focus on the impact of the girls' clothing choices as it relates to the young men in the world. We must remember that the Word tells us in Philippians - "Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others." This is so very important. The world tells the girls to dress in such a way that they 'look good' - but according to what standard?? If we look around, it is certainly not the standard of the Word. With summer upon us, girls (and young ladies) are running around in nothing more than undergarments. This certainly does not take the (godly) interests of the young men around them into consideration.


So, join in the fun by finding out more information at the link above. Perhaps I'll take pictures of the girls and get them involved, too. As for me, well, we'll see, but mainly I'm camera shy *smile*!!!

0 comments: