Thursday, March 12, 2009

for Scripture Memory

This week's verse is from a dear lady from our church. She has such a gentle spirit! I have learned much from her over the years - mainly in her conduct, but also from her words! She truly is a great blessing and an even greater encouragement to me.

One of her favorite verses is Philippians 1:6 (which is in bold), but to this I added the verse surrounding it.

For this week, I have been working on verses 3-7 in the first book of Philippians.

I thank my God upon every remembrance of you,
always in every prayer of mine making request for you all with joy,
for your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now,
being confident of this very thing,
that He who has begun a good work in you
will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ;

just as it is right for me to think this of you all,
because I have you in my heart,
inasmuch as both in my chains and in the defense and confirmation of the gospel,
you all are partakers with me of grace.

0 comments: