Monday, May 12, 2008

...for Mother's Day

What a fantastic day we had yesterday! The morning started out quietly. I was snuggled and hugged and just given lots of love by 5 sets of arms!!

The night before I had started the recipe for breakfast, but the family took over in the morning for a scrumptious breakfast!!

We had:

Blender Pancakes: which were made with our own homemade buttermilk)
Sausage: from the pig we raised last fall)
Scrambled Eggs: from the chicken-ladies we have out back!

In the afternoon, we went out for a Mother's Day lunch/dinner with Grandpa Ron and Grandma Sweetie.

After this, we had to go by the garden center - which is when I received my present. Well, I didn't actually receive it, but I was told about it. The kids (with Dad's help) are going to buy me a patio furniture set of my choice. How excited I am!!!

Once home again, we visited over bowls of ice cream, and then played a game of Stare.

I pray that you Moms out there had a splendid day, as well. I am truly, truly blessed and so thankful for the family that I have - God is so incredibly good!!

***********************************************************


0 comments: