Tuesday, April 29, 2008

...for home decorating!

Those who know me well know that I am no Martha what's her name! I do not have that 'eye' for interior design. As a matter of fact, I even prefer white paint - well, maybe prefer is too strong of a word - I like white paint because everything matches white...which makes decorating, for this decorating-challenged wife and mother - much easier! I think part of my interior-design block is the cost of items to decorate!!! I've searched all the cheap places - and typically all I find is stuff that looks like it came from the cheap places *smile* - so I don't buy anything. As for the upscale places - forget it! I cannot justify spending top dollars that the Lord has blessed us with for dust collectors on my walls and/or table tops.

On with the story - this year we moved to a new home. The gal who lived here before DOES have a knack for interior design, so the walls are all these wonderful shades of neutral colors - which are still daunting to me - but at least we are beginning to more resemble a home instead of a surgery *smile*!!

Well, the walls have some color - but they have no decoration. However, we are beginning to remedy this room by room - starting with the family room. I have found a solution, that is not only affordable - but will do more than just collect dust!

We ordered some wonderful Wall Lettering from Fruitful Vine Creations. A once blank wall is now a beautiful wall - with a message!!! I have not thrown the talents away, nor buried them in the ground. I have used them to produce a bountiful return!

Here is the story in pictures:

Before



Our Goodies arrive in the mail!


With the Wall Lettering you will receive your Wall Lettering (of course!), an instruction sheet, a tool to use, and a very nice thank you note with encouragment.


First step: Burnishing


This is very easy to do. You are transferring the letters from the back sheet to the sticky front sheet.


Next, you hang your wall lettering on the wall



This is also very easy. Be sure to use a level to make sure you are hanging the letters straight.

After this, peel the backing off. I didn't get a picture of this, but it was easy, too. Are you seeing a 'theme' yet? I'll give you a hint - easy!


Next, burnish again - this time transferring the letters from the sticky paper to the wall with the handy-dandy tool included!


...or if you're a guy, with your ball cap - whatever works!


This step proved to be a bit more challenging than is typical. Against the suggestion of Tonya, we chose a different font. The letters were very thin, making the application to the wall a bit trickier. Also, we have textured walls, so trying to get a little sliver to stick to a 'bumpy' wall proved to be a bit challenging, but well worth the labor of love!


The end result


Doesn't that look wonderful?!?!? Even though it took a bit longer than typical, again, because of the font, it still turned out fabulous!!


After



If you have read this far, I'm so glad!! I wanted to remind you that currently we are hosting a giveaway for a $25.00 gift certificate for Wall Lettering from Fruitful Vine Creations. You can find the contest here.

4 comments:

Fruitful Vine Lady said...

Camille,
You did a great job! The words look wonderful on your wall. Although the font was tricky to work with, the results are fabulous! I pray you will enjoy them for years to come!
Blessings,
Tonya-the Fruitful Vine Lady

Safe Thus Far said...

Wow--that looks great! And what a wonderful verse and a beautiful way to arrange it and highlight the key words.

Julie said...

I love that verse Camille and it looks great! Very appropriate over the TV! I'm making plans myself to add some verses to our home. (whether I win the contest or not!)

Stephanie said...

That looks beautiful! Funny, that is one of the verses we were considering doing! I love it!

Stephanie
www.ahighandnobleacalling.blogspot.com