Friday, March 21, 2008

...for focus

There are some seasons, I have learned that are ongoing. Such is the season of our walk with the Lord Jesus Christ. While every day our hearts and minds should be focused on the Lord...I know there are times of growth, times of reflection, times of rebellion (to a degree), times of peace, and times of trials. These are just a few of the ways the season may seem a bit different, but still be ongoing.

This week is Holy Week. This time of year, every year, we are given the opportunity to spend more time focusing on the life, death, resurrection, and ascension of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

I am no theologian, nor will I be writing tomes. I am just a simple, every day kind of person that has tasted, felt, and seen the mighty wonders of our Father and His Son. I have been washed in the blood. I have been made righteous. I am now a daughter of the King. I am imperfect and a wretched sinner, but by the grace of God, through the work of Christ, I am clean. I am holy. I am a saint.

Do you know this truth for yourself? Have you, like the Psalmist, tasted and seen that the Lord is good? Are you blessed by trusting in Him?

Every day is a gift. He alone knows when our days will be no more. What are you doing with this precious gift? Are you using it for His glory or your own?

This should be a time of great celebration, with no end. Every day, every year should be a celebration that we have been redeemed! If our celebration lacks luster, if we get caught up in the day-to-day trials, if we for a second forget that He is Lord, may this time of year rejuvenate us. May we make the adjustments necessary so that once again our vision is clear, and we are focused on our Lord.

Blessings.

1 comments:

Molly said...

Oh, you've written so much Camille! I haven't been by for a week or two. I'm really enjoying your blog!
Thanks for taking the time.
Blessings,
Molly