Tuesday, February 5, 2008

...for celebrations!

Last month, our baby, turned 8. Where did all the time go? I still remember his awesome birth!His birthdays are usually bittersweet for me, as I watch my little boy turn into a young man.

However, we had a grand time celebrating with him - through the chicken pox even! - and I think he had a fabulous day. I'm usually not very creative in the cake department, but this year, I tried my hand at something new. David was thrilled!
Notice the door and windows. We didn't have graham crackers (which was called for) so I used Sesame Wheat rounds instead...lol!



Yeah, I think he was happy with his cake fit for a Knight!




The mighty warrior boomed in his most knightly voice, 'Let that Princess go or I'll huff, and I'll puff.........'



"...and I'll blow your castle down!!! And your little dog, too!"

Okay, there was no dog, but I don't get to use that line very often, and it seemed so fitting there!

That was our family celebration day for January. Happy 8th Birthday, Doo Boy!

May the Lord bless you and be with you as you celebrate your family celebrations. ..and remember, even if you don't have a family celebration in a month, every day is a celebration because Christ is King, always! So, rejoice and be glad!

Blessings.










4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the cake Dearest! SOOO CUTE!

I know it's been a while, but don't forget the other one you made though! You were telling the truth right? It didn't come from a bakery or something....

Love ya
*Sis*

KeepItSimple said...

Hey Sis..

Yes, my love, I did make that cake for your first birthday...and that one took a lot more work! If you scan it (with that cool new printer you have) and get it on my comp, I'll post a picture of it, too. Those were my younger days..I had more patience *smile*.

Now, get back to work on your thesis!!!

Love you -
Mom

Molly said...

I love the cake! Did you find instructions online somewhere or figure that out yourself? My boys would love it!
Molly

KeepItSimple said...

Hey Molly...

I am so terribly creative I came up with the idea all on my own...not...lol! I did a search, but it is very simple.

Make two sheet cakes. Then, cut a rectangle out of one of them and make your four corner things. Put the full cake on the bottom, the cake with the hole on top..then place your corner pieces. I just used frosting to hold everything together. If I could ever figure out how to make a truly flat sheet cake that you can still frost it wouldn't have had that rounded look. I tinted coconut green for the grass...and the moat was just blue construction paper.

Happy cake making *smile* -
Camille