March's Contest is now open.
"Your Favorite Historical Figure and Why"
1. Describe in 50 words or less your favorite historical figure and explain why.
2. This person can be anyone, living or dead.
3. Please remember to sprinkle all your entries with love, choosing your words carefully.
4. Entries will be accepted starting today, February 22, and will continue through March 14th.
5. The winner will be announced the following week.
This month, we will have two winners! We are giving away a copy of 'Elsie Dinsmore' to the two top picks. Again, my children will be picking the winners from all entries received.
The first copy of 'Elsie Dinsmore' has an 1896 copyright (hence the 'historical figure' aspect of this contest). This one is in very good condition, however it does have an inscription on the first page dated 1925.
The second copy does not have a date (the page has been removed), but is old as well. There are advertisements in the back of this one with books for sale for $0.75, so I am guessing it is relatively old as well!). This copy appears to have been more lovingly owned in the past (well-read). The pages are all intact (well, except for the missing one with the publisher's information), however the spine binding is loose from the pages. (I think I said that right!).
Have fun! We look forward to reading your entries!